Rouladen is a delicious German dish that flavors fillet slices with mustard, salt and a little pepper, stuffed with onions, ham and pickles, then piped and fastened with a toothpick. Then they fry it and cook it in a delicious broth. The food we teach here is the Italian version of Rouladen.
- Thin slices of fillet: 8 slices
- Olive oil: To the extent necessary
- Salt and black pepper: To the extent necessary
- Fresh, chopped rosemary: To the extent necessary
- Red bell pepper (thin slices): 1 pc
- Green bell pepper (thin slices): 1 pc
- Medium squash (thin slices): 1 pc
- Medium onion (thin slices): 1 pc
- Button mushrooms (thin slices): To the extent necessary
Ingredients for balsamic sauce with rosemary:
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
- Garlic, crushed: 1 clove
- Balsamic vinegar: 1/4 cup
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Fresh rosemary: 2 branches
- Broth: 1/4 cup
Apply olive oil to both sides of the steak slices. Sprinkle with freshly ground salt and black pepper and a little fresh and chopped rosemary.
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the vegetables (courgettes, squash, onions and mushrooms) until soft and add salt and pepper.
Put a few slices of vegetables on each steak and start piping the steak. Finally, close the sticks firmly with a toothpick. Repeat for each stick cut.
To make balsamic and rosemary sauce: Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and heat for a minute to smell. Add the balsamic vinegar and then add the sugar and rosemary sprigs and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and let it boil for 5 minutes without the lid. Then add the broth and let it boil and lower the flame again to cook for another 15 minutes. Then remove the rosemary branches from it.
Prepare the grill and cook both sides of the steaks for 2 minutes until cooked through. If you cook them in a frying pan, do the same and fry them on a high flame until they cook. Then serve them immediately with balsamic and rosemary sauce and serve baked potatoes with them.