Today we want to teach you a traditional Italian dish called potato frittata. Join us.
Ingredients (for 6 people)
- Eggs (beaten): 6 pieces
- Monterey Jack cheese (grated, or custom cheese): 1/3 cup
- Chiptoleh pepper: 2 pieces chopped
- Coriander (chopped): 2 tablespoons
- Salt: 1/8 teaspoon
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Potatoes (rings half a centimeter in diameter): 1/2 cup
- Capsicum (yellow, chopped into half-centimeter pieces): 1 pc
How to prepare
Preheat the oven to grill.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, bell peppers, coriander and salt.
Heat a cast iron skillet or non-stick frying pan suitable for an oven 25 to 30 cm in diameter on a relatively high flame.
Add the butter to the pan and melt. Add the potatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until soft. Then add the bell peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir with a plastic spatula. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the egg mixture reaches the bottom of the pan and begins to harden.
Place the pan in the oven and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until puffed and slightly browned. Take the pan out of the oven and divide its contents into 6 slices. Serve immediately or when cooled to room temperature.