Panzanella is a Tuscan bread salad that is an ideal food for the summer season. This tomato salad and bread are its two main elements.
It is very enjoyable to eat this salad with a cool drink in the sun.
- Olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- Small French bread (divide the bread into 2 cm square pieces): 1 piece
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Ripe and large tomatoes (in the shape of 2 cm squares): 2 pieces
- Cucumber (in the form of slices with a thickness of 1 cm): 1 piece
- Red bell pepper (in the form of 2 cm square pieces): 1 piece
- Yellow bell pepper (in the form of 2 cm square pieces): 1 piece
- Red onion (thin and thin): half
- Chopped basil leaves: 20 pieces
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Then add sliced bread and salt and bake for 10 minutes on low heat. Keep doing this until the bread is browned. You can add more oil if you wish.
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, and basil, add slices of bread to salad dressing, and season with salt and pepper.
After mixing the ingredients, leave the salad for half an hour to combine the flavors of the ingredients.