Today we want to teach you a delicious Italian soup. The name of this soup is Ribollita.
- Olive oil: 5 tablespoons
- Chopped small onion: 1 piece
- Chopped carrots: 1 pc
- Chopped celery stalk: 1 pc
- Chopped garlic: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and black pepper: To the extent necessary
- Cooked white beans: 2 cups
- Peeled tomatoes: 15 pieces
- Vegetable extract or water: 4 cups
- Fresh rosemary: 1 sprout
- Fresh thyme: 1 sprout
- Chopped cabbage: 453 grams
- Toasted whole wheat bread: 4 large slices
- Finely chopped small red onion: 1 pc
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 1/2 cup
Put 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash the beans. If they are canned, wash them as well. Add them to the pot along with the tomatoes and juice, rosemary and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to bubble soup.
Put the lid on the pan to cook, stirring once or twice to mash the tomatoes. Let cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Then add rosemary and thyme.
Place the slices of bread on top of the soup to cover the top and be as close together as possible. Place the slices of red onion scattered on top, pour the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil on them and sprinkle with parmesan.
Put the pot in the oven and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until the bread, onion and cheese are brown and crisp. Divide the soup and bread between 4 bowls and serve.