Sofiani is one of the most popular dishes in Pakistan. This traditional Pakistani dish is easy to prepare. I hope you make it and enjoy it.
- Chicken: 750 grams, without skin, preferably thighs or chicken legs
- Rice: Two cups, drained
- Yogurt: One cup
- Garlic and Ginger Dough: One tablespoon
- Black cumin: a teaspoon
- Cardamom: two pieces (not powdered)
- Clove: four (not powdered)
- Cinnamon stick: Two small pieces
- Saffron: four number
- Mint: a teaspoon
- Lemon leaves: two number
- Indian spice: a teaspoon
- Salt: To the extent necessary
- Onion: A large chopped number
- Fresh lemon juice: one tablespoon
- Oil: To the extent necessary
- Chopped parsley: To the extent necessary
How to prepare:
Mix saffron and black cumin together.
Pour a little oil into the pan. Add chopped onion, hot pepper powder, Indian spices. Add a little fried (three minutes), garlic paste and ginger. It is enough to fry for 2 minutes.
Add chicken, saffron mixture, cumin and lemon juice to the pan.
Fry the ingredients, then add the yogurt. Let it cook well.
Pour the chicken mixture with the rice into a layer by layer in an oven dish. Pour between the ingredients, cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves and mint. Put the lemon leaves on the ingredients. Cover with aluminum foil.
If you see that the water is low, add some water to cook the chicken well.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180. C for 20 minutes. Our food is ready to serve.